Saturday 14 August 2010

Race from Guildford

After checking over the birds tonight, I decided 19 were fit for tomorrows race from Guildford,133 miles. 2 of the race team are on the injured list and 2 I have re-introduced into training are not yet ready for their debut races.
12 members sent 193 birds tonight. The club are running a nom race tomorrow, with each member selecting one bird for £10. The 1st Nom bird clocked will win £80 and the 2nd £40, not bad for a maximum of 12 pigeons competing!
I had one of the birds I lost in last weeks race back tonight. Well I actually lost him 2 weeks ago, He went into a club mates loft so I resent him to last weeks race when he brought him to the club for me last Friday. Needless to say he went into my club mates loft again and tonight I have him back for the 2nd time! He is now in his own loft and will remain there for some time to get himself sorted out!
I will update later tomorrow evening when the birds are back home from the race! C'mon the Rockets!!

No comments:

Post a Comment