Monday 2 August 2010

Back to work!

After the good day we had with the birds yesterday I made the decision to get the back on the road as soon as possible. With this in mind I basketed up 25 young birds. My brother basketed 21 and my mate 23. We took them to Shirenewton (35 miles line of flight) and let them go at 6.15pm. I had a phone call at 7.10 to say my brothers had trapped but he was missing 2. On arrival at my loft 23 had eaten and were on the perches. I was missing 2. A phone call from my mate confirmed he was 15 down after getting 8. I had 1 later on in the evening and my mate also had 1 of his. So between us we are missing several birds. I dont know if they have mixed with another batch as my mates were less experienced than my brother and myself and he is the worst affected. So will have to wait to see what he gets in the morning.

The Europa syndicate birds done well today obtaining 3 results in the top 28! Our results were 11th (by 01 who now has 5th, 11th, 20th and 35th to his name), 27th, 28th, 151th, 282nd, 898th. So all going well at present!

No comments:

Post a Comment