Sunday 10 April 2011

On the up again!

After feeling quite low regarding the last few days I feel a lot better today. I have had the race birds in and out all morning and no attacks. I have also seen another 3 of the missing 8 youngsters so hopefully in time they will return to the loft.
This afternoon I picked up 12 pure white Logan x Rapido Busschaerts. To say I am happy is an understatement. They are in cracking condition and built very strongly. I purchased these for the Dove Release company (www.Brecondoves.co.uk), and they will be trained and a few will be raced.
I have had a count up of the young birds in the loft and including the 3 out and the ones in the nest they total 50. I also have the 3rd round eggs starting to be laid so my fear of being short of youngsters is proving to be unfounded.

No comments:

Post a Comment