Saturday 4 June 2011

Happy!

The race turned out to be a lot quicker than I thought it would be today. My first bird arrived after 6 hours and 17 minutes. It was the same dark cheq pied cock bird that has been my first bird the previous 2 weeks. He is off my No.1 stock hen and was unraced as a youngster due to getting lost on his first training toss when I lost 10 youngsters after they were struck by a hawk (all having there first toss). He was reported 80 miles away in Burnham on Sea. I had him returned and looking at it was a good decision!
I have currently had 3 from 5. Returns in the club seem to be a bit erratic with some having 3 from 17 while others have had 10 from 13 etc. I was behind in the club this week but with the North wind was expecting that. I am hoping the other 2 make it back as well as there is plenty of time for them to show up.
I am now going to put the birds back on widowhood and get them ready for Reims (378 miles) in 2 weeks time. At the moment they are not racing home like the first 3 or 4 races when I had them widowhood. Since pairing them up it has taken something off them so hopefully I will have enough time to get things sorted out in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment