Thursday 2 June 2011

Birds off to France!

I sent 5 of the race birds tonight for Saturdays race from Lilliers (272 miles). I didn't have any of the missing 3 return from last weeks race. That left me with 9 race birds in the loft. 6 are these have been to 200 miles and out of these 5 were sent tonight. I kept back a mealy cock bird as his feathering is damaged. The wind is very strong NNE and the birds are going to have a tough flight on Saturday to make it home.
They have put in some good work at home this week with a hour a night put in every evening. I have no idea how they will come in the race and can only cross my fingers and hope for the best.

The cameras and equipment has now arrived and I will be spending tomorrow putting everything in place and then hopefully by tomorrow evening the loft will go 'live'. If all goes to plan the race birds return will be available for all to see on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment