Friday 17 June 2011

Birds back on track!

The birds have been rested and will be back in exercising this afternoon. They have been confined to the loft since Saturday. I don't know if they picked up a virus or something but they are looking a lot better than they did a week ago. I will be sending them to Newbury next Saturday and hoping they exercise well this week in preparation for the race. There are only 5 races left for the Old Bird season now and due to missing Reims this week (378 miles), I will not jump them into the longer ones. I will now send all I have in the loft to the 2 Newbury races that are left and then keep what is left for next year as 2 Year Olds. I currently have 7 in the loft and if they manage to complete the last 2 races that will be a nice number to carry over for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment