Saturday 8 May 2010

No racing this week for us!

I had decided to not to send 'Rasbull Demon' this week to the race from Folkestone. The weather forecast was bad and with building the new loft the birds have not been out in over a week. After this decision I was then informed by the club secretary that the race has been put back to Monday due to the weather. But I will still keep her at home this week and wait for the 2nd Folkstone race next weekend instead.
The new young bird loft is now complete and I am over the moon with it. I will update the photo on the main site of the new loft as soon as I can but it is spot on. Its a 9 X 9ft young bird section which has been directly attached to the main loft as shown on the main page of the website.
The youngsters now total 32 weaned off, with 16 in the nest and 12 eggs. So on track to have 60 youngsters which will have had at least 1 race come the end of the young bird season. I also plan to take a latebred round from selected stock birds and these will be just trained up in readiness for next years old bird programme.

No comments:

Post a Comment