Saturday 10 April 2010

Wow!

The birds have had a training toss every day for the last 7 days. They come home from today's toss from 27 miles (line of flight) doing 1760 ypm. 60mph with very little wind. They handled superb and I felt strong yet very light! I am over the moon with them and big things are expected in next weeks race. I am planning a 45 miles toss tomorrow and then back to 27 miles on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Thursday they will rest and Friday they head off to the club. If the wind direction is South next Saturday these 3 hens I have will take some stopping!
I have a few more hatched out now and at present have 29 weaned off, and 6 in the nest, with several due to hatch in the next few days.
Tomorrow I will be taking my 3 entries down to the Europa Classic Loft in Cardiff, and I am hoping they do the loft justice. The syndicate has been revised slightly but still has 8 people involved which is great. I am looking forward to seeing how these do when the training starts in July.
Just one more week of preparation until my first race and I am so excited! 'Defeat is not an Option'

No comments:

Post a Comment