Wednesday 14 September 2011

Todays training

The birds were stepped up to 14 miles tonight and all 49 were basketed once again as the missing bird from yesterday was on the loft this morning before I left for work. The wind is a lot calmer today and this showed with the birds hammering us back home. I am down 4, which includes the one that was missing yesterday. 2 of the 4 were only brought in for the Dove Release company I am planning to setup and the one of them is the bird that has now been late 2 days running. The other 2 though are bred by myself and I want to know what they are. As they are now at a distance and condition that they should be able to keep up with the group, they will have 3 strikes and they will be out. I can not be doing with the same birds returning late. They just cause problems and come the first race they will be the first ones to be reported! I am very pleased with how they came from 14 miles as half of the team were doing that distance for the first time. I will now jump them again to 28 miles which depending on the weather will hopefully be tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment