Sunday 18 September 2011

Returning slowly this morning

The birds are returning slowly this morning with 15 having returned up to 10.45am. There were 5 or 6 on the loft on daylight this morning so they can not be too far away. I am currently down 14 in total. All 3 of my yearlings have made it back. The weather is terrible here again this morning with heavy showers lasting 10-15 minutes and low cloud. Hopefully the missing birds will make it through sometime today. I am going to rest them now today and whatever returns today will then be back to work tomorrow. There is just 6 days until basketing for Swindon and I hope to give them at least another 2 tosses in that time. I will give them another from 28 miles before going to 50 miles. This should set them up for the race and give them the best chance of returning. Most of the birds have now experienced a night out and that is a good thing and I hope will benefit them in the long run.
**3.45pm - another 2 have returned so that is now 12 missing. The weather has improved and what does not come now are the unlucky and the rubbish!

No comments:

Post a Comment