Monday 19 September 2011

Time to get them going again!

I have had another few return and now I am missing 8 in total from the training toss on Saturday. It gives me 39 in total of which 36 are young birds. I have loft flown them tonight and they will be back in the basket tomorrow afternoon for another training toss.
My brother took his 38 training yesterday and only had 11 back by nightfall. He has had some return today but is still missing 11. There is a very well fed hawk in the valley on the line of flight our birds come. It is impossible to avoid this valley though as this is the only way the birds will come from a race and they have to fly up the valley into Brecon. Hopefully he will be sleeping off two very good meals he has had in the last few days when I take mine again tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment