Monday 5 September 2011

Disastrous Final Race

The final of the Europa turned out to be a disastrous race for everyone involved. Only 44 from 501 birds have made it back with only 3 on the day. I dont think anyone is to blame and its just one of those things. The weather was ok and the birds were in great condition (confirmed by at least 3 people who were at the marking). Its a shame as the syndicate birds had been coming so well in the hotspots and the training. But you can't account of the hawks, weather etc and at the end of the day you pay your money and you take your chance. Hopefully we will get one or two on the result sheet in the next day or so. I am worn out as my brother and I were the last to leave last night around 9ish and travelled 50 miles home and then were up at 4.30am and arrived at the loft at first light! Mad but good fun, just shame I didn't get one but then there are 457 who are in the same boat!

No comments:

Post a Comment