Saturday 25 September 2010

All over!

The final race turned out to be exactly what I expected. I had 7 out of 8 birds home (the one I am missing has been my best young bird this year and I am seriously disappointed to have that one missing!) They were behind in the club however, but with a North wind that was always going to be the case today. So the season is over and I have around 25 youngsters left which will now be taken through the winter and prepared for next season. I intend to make some changes to the loft over the next couple of weeks in preparation for the winter. All in all it has been a good season with some steps taken in improving the quality housed here. I have some valuable information regarding the birds now and I will be putting that to good use in the hope of improving next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment