Sunday 13 June 2010

Disappointing day!

It turned out to be a bridge too far for 'Rasbull Demon' as she has not made it back from today's race from Reims (378 miles). She is by far not the only one, with only 12 out of the 46 in the club making it back. There is always tomorrow and we will have to wait and see if she gets back.

This now leaves me with 1 cock left to send in the 2 remaining come back races this season. I am not too concerned as these were out of the birds that were purchased 2 years ago and a new generation of stock birds have been introduced as the previous generation we deemed to be not to the standard I require. I have used this Old bird season to fill time if truth be known until the youngsters from the new generation start racing. I have enjoyed the season and surprised that I have been able to compete in 7 races so far with just the 3 birds I started the season with.

Today started a big clean out of the older stock birds that were deemed not up to standard. I have repaired 6 pairs that will form the basis of my stock team over the next 12 months.

The youngsters are flying well with 38 now flying out with another 9 that have recently been weaned off. That gives me 47 youngsters to compete in the young bird season with. I am in the process of taking a late bred round and these will be off the new stock pairings.

No comments:

Post a Comment