Tuesday 25 August 2009

Fingers Crossed!

The final race of the Europa Classic is going to be held on Sunday 30th August. I am over the moon that all baring a disaster in one of the few remaining training tosses, I will have 3 entries in the final race. I only sent 3 down and not have lost one I am over the moon. I hope they do themselves justice now come Sunday. The race distance has been increased to around 285 miles so going to be stiff test for the birds. They have flown 160 miles twice since being in the lofts. This extra 125 miles will certainly test them. But that is what they were sent for. I am planning on going down with my brother Neil. A good day is guaranteed and the excitement waiting for the birds is second to none, especially when £30,000 is at stake!!

In my own loft, the birds have been kept in for most of the last two weeks. They will probably not go to this weeks race Folkstone(200 miles) as bad weather is forecast for Saturday and I am the Europa Classic on Sunday. So they will probably go to the following weeks race from Swindon if all goes to plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment