Sunday 14 March 2010

Update

Picked up 4 babies from a club mate earlier today. That now puts me upto 5 youngsters in the section. I took 3 race hens with me and let them go in Merthyr (20 miles). All home. I had an egg from the first of the non sitting pairs last night. So hoping the other 2 or 3 pairs lay as well now fairly soon. I am 50-50 whether to enter the Europa syndicate at the minute and may put on hold my plans until next year. I am concerned I will not have enough youngsters for my own race interests. But I will decide in the next week or so what I will be doing for certain. The youngsters in the nests are looking well and growing quite quickly. I have rung 9 out of the 11 now. I gave all the stock birds a bath this morning which they seemed to enjoy! Until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment