Friday 5 February 2010

Paired today

After being separated for the last 2 weeks, my 13 pairs were paired up earlier today and all went down like a dream. I think having them paired previously and then re-parting them will help tremendously with them settling down in their own boxes and reducing the risk of fighting and smashed eggs. I am now expecting eggs by the 17th February and the 6th March for the first hatchings. The 3rd of April will see the first round weaned off. Out of the first round of 26 (all going well) 9 will be going to the Europa Classic (3 teams which form the Rasbull Syndicate), 6 to the South West One Loft race. I have entered a swap deal with a member on a pigeon forum so another 4 will be going there. So that will be 19 of my first round gone. After that I will look to build a young bird team for myself for the coming season. I have 8 coming into the loft from a breeder/buyer and 4 which will be coming the other way in the swap deal. The season begins from now!

No comments:

Post a Comment