Thursday 10 May 2012

Some back at least!

We were missing 6 youngsters after letting them out for the first time the other day and I am pleased to say we have had 3 back so far! I am sure there is another still in the area and hopefully he will make his way back to the loft in the next day or so.
The race birds have been out exercising around the loft the past few days and although they are not putting the work I desire in as yet they are slowly progressing.
This weeks race is from Newbury (97 miles), the same as last week and we will be sending 10 all being well tomorrow night. The weather is good for Saturday so hopefully a good race is in prospect. At this stage of the season and with all the birds having raced last for the first time last week I am once again only concentrating on returns. I would have have liked to have got a training toss into them this week but the weather has once again beaten us.
****The one that I thought was in the area is now safely back in the loft! Just 2 missing now! ****

No comments:

Post a Comment