Sunday 22 November 2009

Learn by mistakes!

Yesterday I decided to put the birds together with their prospective partners to see how they take to each other. I paired the 16 pairs and all was looking well. I decided to leave the birds together while I went to work. Big mistake, because on going back into the loft after work, 2 hens had been totally scalped! So I wont be doing that again in a hurry. The other 14 pairs were fine and all looking well together. I am now aiming to pair up on the 10th December with my entire 1st first round being put up for sale. I have to go to the Europa Classic loft on Saturday to pick up 3 new purchases which are waiting for collection. There is also a young bird show in Merthyr on the same day which I am planning on entering. So fingers crossed a few cards can be picked up in the show pens.

No comments:

Post a Comment