Monday 28 December 2009

Its Time!

Well the birds were paired up on Boxing day - 13 pairs in total. They are currently being locked in their boxes to ensure the pairs are fully aware of who their partner is. I let some of the birds out for the first time since racing on Christmas day, and tried to break a few of the stock birds that have been in for a while. I let out 4 that had not been out before and by nightfall all 4 were missing. 2 days later, 2 appeared back at the loft. I have managed to break 2 of my Europa birds which I purchased in 2008. So fingers crossed, these will be trained up with my 7 young birds that I had from last season. I also managed to break a youngster I purchased as well, so all being well will have a race team of 10 birds. 7 youngsters, 2 ex Europa birds and an untrained youngster. So I am happy with that. I have also started making plans to build my new young bird loft and aim to complete this come the end of January.

No comments:

Post a Comment